Adi Eliyahu (dot blog)
Adi Eliyahu (dot blog)
way too much about me, my thoughts, and what i see everyday
Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Too much information... 

So lately I've been watching this show on the National Geographic channel here that is telling me things that it seems better not knowing. The show is about commercial flights that crashed (or almost crashed). It's an hour long show. The first half hour is about what happened from the point of view of the passengers and the pilots and the second half hour is about what actually caused the problems with the flight and what could have been done to prevent it. The scary part is the fact that the answer to the questions "what caused this horrible event?" is always one of two things:

A. The airline wanted to save some money so they decided to ignore a clear problem that the plane is having because they didn't wanna spend a little extra money fixing the plane, or

B. The design of the plane was flawed because the company that made the plane wanted to make a little more cash so they cut some engineering corners to pad their bottom line a bit.

Ok, I must admit that sometimes it's not one of these things...but only when it's BOTH! So this show is on almost every night, and every night the airline tries to cover up their "cost-cutting measures" so they don't have to pay millions to the relatives of the two hundred people that were killed to save the airline a few bucks. I've seen about 15 episodes of this show and not once has the crash been unavoidable. Actually, in all but one of the 15 episodes so far, somewhere along the line a mechanic reported to his supervisor that there was a problem he needed to fix but was told to ignore it (or do a really shoddy/quick repair job) to get the plane back in the air quickly. Kinda freaks you out to know that the company you're trusting your life to is more interested in money than the lives of the 200 people on the plane.


Vitals

My name is Adi
I live in Haifa
I am 25 years old
I love pop-culture
I enjoy wearing a tie
I blog instead of email
I share a birthday with Pink
I am a terrible singer
I almost never drink soda
I almost never go barefoot
I always wear black pants
My AIM is: AdiEliyahu


On Repeat



















On The Train










Required Reading

  • Sarah's So-Called Sobriety
  • Lawrence/Opinions/Hotties
  • Stereogum
  • IKeepADiary.com
  • Her Name Is Meredith
  • Pink Is The New Blog
  • Lifehacker
  • Whatevs
  • Gawker
  • Gothamist
  • Page Six
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • The Onion
  • TWoP



  • Heavy Rotation

    Artist: Fiona Apple
    Song: Used To Love Him
    TV: Alias, 24, Lost
    Film: Spinal Tap
    Game: Stratego
    Sport: Basketball
    Program: Skype
    Clothes: Black Pants/T-Shirt
    Booze: Dry Red Wine
    Transportation: Public
    Location: Home
    Mood: Concerned


    Archives

  • January 2004
  • February 2004
  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • September 2005
  • November 2005
  • July 2006
  • September 2006


    Credits



    Designed by may*star
    I like to know how much love I'm gettin'