Adi Eliyahu (dot blog)
Adi Eliyahu (dot blog)
way too much about me, my thoughts, and what i see everyday
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Cara comes to visit 

So the whole reason I am actually on vacation this week is because my good friend Cara Passman came to visit from The States, so we decided to use our single full day together to go to the beach...

a look up the coast...
So this is the view up the coast from where we decided to set up camp. The nice thing about the beaches in Haifa is that they are nowhere near as crowed as the beaches in Tel Aviv, so you can always find a good place to take it all in without a million other people getting in your way.

do you see the corporate sponsorship?
We decided to head to the Camel (a popular restaurant on the beach that surely has no corporate sponsorship of any kind) and get some Watermelon and Bulgarian Cheese for lunch. If you haven't tried this combo, you need to. Seriously.

After my day at the beach with Cara, we got back to my place only to discover that we hadn't used appropriate amounts of sunscreen that day. I got a really bad sunburn and am still experiencing a good deal of discomfort. I have photographic evidence of my burn, but my girlfriend told me it was "too painful-looking" to post on my blog, so I'll just link to it: click here if you want to see my sunburn (be prepared to grimace...and oogle my Austin Powers-like chest hair).

Anyhow, being the trooper (and all around good friend) I am, I knew I had to tough it out and take Cara to the beautiful Bahai Gardens before she left, so I got up the next day and tried to ignore my pain and focus on the beauty...

Haifa
This is a pic I took of Haifa from the Gardens. Anyone who has lived in Haifa will look at this picture and say "What city is that a picture of?" The Hi-Res version of this pic is currently my desktop wallpaper.

warning: possible zombie zone!
So this is a shot of the temple that the gardens are supposed to beautify. The temple is a really big tomb for someone important in their religion called "The Bab." While this looks like it would be pronounced like the singular version of Barbra Streisand's nickname, you actually say it like "Bob" (except a lot faster). Because of the speed thing, it's fun to keep saying his name. Bab. Bab. Bab. Try it -- it's fun! But be careful that you're not saying it too slow!

this is pretty.  you are required to think that.
Random shot from the gardens. Ummm...I don't really have anything witty to say here, so just feast your eyes on this beauty! I command you!

things are looking up *rimshot*
This is a view looking up toward the top of the gardens from the middle. Needless to say, the gardens are not small.

my uniform hides my horrible sunburn
If you are wondering why I am always in my uniform in pics these days (even when on vacation), it's because when I am in uniform I get free use of buses and trains when I show my military ID. That's right: it's because I'm cheap. The ladies seem too like the uniform, too...so that's also a good reason.

Anyhow, now I'm still really sunburned and trying not to move. So I hope you, the reader, are in better condition than myself right now.


Vitals

My name is Adi
I live in Haifa
I am 25 years old
I love pop-culture
I enjoy wearing a tie
I blog instead of email
I share a birthday with Pink
I am a terrible singer
I almost never drink soda
I almost never go barefoot
I always wear black pants
My AIM is: AdiEliyahu


On Repeat



















On The Train










Required Reading

  • Sarah's So-Called Sobriety
  • Lawrence/Opinions/Hotties
  • Stereogum
  • IKeepADiary.com
  • Her Name Is Meredith
  • Pink Is The New Blog
  • Lifehacker
  • Whatevs
  • Gawker
  • Gothamist
  • Page Six
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • The Onion
  • TWoP



  • Heavy Rotation

    Artist: Fiona Apple
    Song: Used To Love Him
    TV: Alias, 24, Lost
    Film: Spinal Tap
    Game: Stratego
    Sport: Basketball
    Program: Skype
    Clothes: Black Pants/T-Shirt
    Booze: Dry Red Wine
    Transportation: Public
    Location: Home
    Mood: Concerned


    Archives

  • January 2004
  • February 2004
  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • September 2005
  • November 2005
  • July 2006
  • September 2006


    Credits



    Designed by may*star
    I like to know how much love I'm gettin'